What we expect from you
As volunteers on the campaign to elect Julia Banks, we contribute to the success of the campaign by:
- Exhibiting at all times a positive and friendly approach so that constituents and fellow volunteers have an enjoyable and memorable experience and so that constituents vote for Julia Banks.
- Acknowledging the importance of our individual contributions to the total effort involved in providing a happy and comfortable, yet safe and structured environment.
- Always being mindful of situations requiring attention or resolution. This may involve alerting the appropriate teams of injury, illness, ticketing issues, unacceptable behaviour or within reason, resolving the issue on the spot (such as ad hoc rubbish removal etc).
- Respecting and working as a team to the best of our ability.
- Remaining flexible regarding my shifts and roles if circumstances or conditions during the campaign change (if this happens organisers will work with you to minimise disruption or inconvenience).
- Respecting all people regardless of their race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age or sexual orientation.
- Be aware of any issues that may cause problems and report them to a Volunteer Coordinator as soon as possible.
- Be aware of concerns raised by constituents and make sure they are reported to your Team leader as they help in formulating policy and identifying issues in the electorate.
- Following health and safety practices and policies (you will be informed of these once you become a volunteer).
- The campaign has a zero-alcohol and drug policy for volunteers in all roles. Please refrain from drinking until your shift is over.
If you’re working in higher risk roles, volunteers will need to ensure they have zero blood alcohol content during their shift (so plan ahead and don’t have a big night if you’re working the next morning). Higher risk roles include
- Anyone required to drive a vehicle.
- Any crew assisting in a first aid or medical capacity.
Terms of Agreement
- I agree to abide by the Code of Conduct.
- I agree to carry out my volunteer tasks according to the rostered hours, at the discretion of the Volunteer Manager.
- I understand that if conditions or circumstances change I may need to change roles.
- I agree to contact a Volunteer Coordinator or the Volunteer Manager as early as possible if circumstances prevent my being able to undertake volunteering at the event or if I’m unable to commence my shift.
- I agree not to talk to the media or make public or social media comments about incidents or operational matters either during or after the campaign. (If someone approaches you with media enquiries, please direct them to the Media Liaison Officer).
- If I breach the Code of Conduct, I acknowledge I may be relieved of my duties. Such conduct may also result in denial of future volunteer applications.